1. Going out to eat at a restaurant whose only vegan option is a garden salad.
The struggle is real.
2. Checking the ingredients in EVERYTHING.
“Contains carmine?! NO!!”
*carmine is a commonly used food coloring made from insect shells. Ew.
3. Being the only friend at the pizza party who has to order their own personal pizza without cheese.
“Mmm. I just love saucy bread.”
4. Dealing with the guilt of accidentally eating meat/eggs/cheese/dairy.
“I’ll never forgive myself!”
5. Ordering a side of olive oil at a restaurant that serves bread because you can’t eat the butter.
Paula Deen would not approve.
6. Having to bring your own veggie dogs to the BBQ.
Hot, squeaky, and delicious!
7. Calling ahead to make sure that your friends and/or family make reservations at a restaurant where you can actually eat.
“Sorry, but that steakhouse just isn’t gonna cut it.”
8. Debating whether eating honey and/or wearing leather are OK things to do as a vegan.
“But this leather jacket is sooo cute!”
9. Having to bring your own vegan cream cheese with you when you go to a bagel shop.
It’s 2015! Get with the program, bagel shops of the world. Not all of us eat dairy!
10. Defending your decision to be vegan multiple times a day.
“Just let me eat my lettuce in peace, OK?!”