1. Citrus Ginger Tofu Salad with Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Because everything’s better when you add noodles. Get the recipe here.
2. Roasted Chickpea Salad with Za’atar
A vibrantly colored salad that holds up for leftovers the next day. Get the recipe here.
3. Shaved Vegetable Salad with Apples and Lemony Tahini Dressing
Bright, crunchy and fresh: this is every satisfying feeling you need from a salad. Get the recipe here.
4. Roasted Butternut Squash with Sweet Spices, Lime, and Green Chile
If it involves leaves, it’s a salad. Get the recipe here.
5. Charred Broccoli and Lentil Salad
Crispy roasted broccoli is your oven’s gift to mankind, and mixing it with lentils makes a full meal. Get the recipe here.
6. Not-Quite Niçoise with Lime-Chive Cream
This might just look like a plate of boiled vegetables and smoked fish, but a dressing made of crème fraîche, lime, chives, and honey takes it straight to a picnic-in-the-French-countryside place. Get the recipe here.
7. Roasted Onion Salad with Arugula and Walnut Salsa
This salad is the sexiest thing that has ever happened to onions. Get the recipe here.
8. Quinoa with Roasted Beets and Pear
This salad is full of color (even if it’s just one color) to liven up your sad winter life. Get the recipe here.
9. Winter Panzanella with Orange, Roasted Beets, and Pomegranate Seeds
Bread always helps. Get the recipe here.
10. Endive with Bacon and Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Yes, there are vegetables here, but what’s important to focus on is the slab of bacon and creamy buttermilk dressing. Get the recipe here.
11. Quinoa Salad with Hazelnuts, Apple, and Dried Cranberries
Quinoa salad, all dressed up, makes for the perfect packable lunch. Get the recipe here.
12. Caesar-Style Kale Salad with Roasted Onions and Ricotta Salata
Kale is dead, long live kale. Get the recipe here.
13. Radicchio Salad with Manchego Vinaigrette
This salad gets its flavor from an easy-to-make red onion-infused vinegar, but the dusting of grated Manchego cheese makes it magical. Get the recipe here.
14. One-Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf
It’s 2015 and a kale “pilaf” can totally pass as a salad. Get the recipe here.
15. Lebanese Tabbouleh
This tabbouleh uses loads of parsley to make a refreshing salad that’s more herb than grain. Get the recipe here.
Kenzi Wilbur is an editor for the community-based recipe website Food52, where you can find lots more recipes, cooking advice, and kitchen products.