1. Stage 1: Waking up a little earlier than usual for whatever reason.
Disney / Via weheartit.com
2. Stage 2: Deciding to use your extra time to put on makeup instead of making a slightly more complicated breakfast or stretching.
Diane Martel / Via glamour-glitter-gold.tumblr.com
3. Stage 3: Envisioning how amazingly flawless you’ll look with a full face of perfectly blended, color-corrected, and contoured makeup.
4. Stage 4: Going through your makeup stash and trying to remember what all this junk is supposed to do.
Touchstone Pictures / Via netflix.com
5. Stage 5: Realizing that half of your makeup is expired because the last time you wore it, dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
Wingnut Films / Via ohioweather.tumblr.com
6. Stage 6: Realizing halfway through putting on your foundation that you forgot primer.
Make Up For ever / Via gurumakeupemporium.com
7. Stage 7: Not remembering if the concealer goes before or after the foundation and resigning yourself to doing it the wrong way. Again.
Constantin Film Production / Via fanpop.com
8. Stage 8: Attempting something like a “daytime smoky eye” and ending up painting each of your eyelids a different shade of gray.
Bill Melendez Studios / Via ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com
9. Stage 9: You’re also now covered in glitter somehow. Head to toe. You don’t know where it came from. And it’s not coming off.
FOX / Via glee.wikia.com
10. Stage 10: Doing your eyeliner on the easy eye…
11. Stage 11: Then totally messing up when you get to the difficult eye…
12. Stage 12: So you go back to the easy eye to try and match the other one…
13. Stage 13: And you end up messing up the first eye even worse than the second one and WHO DOES THIS EVERY DAY? WHO HAS THE TIME?
14. Stage 14: Trying to remember all of the lipstick tips you’ve heard throughout your whole life and drawing a total blank.
15. Stage 15: Instantly regretting your decision to try and get creative with the lip liner.
16. Stage 16: Then trying to hide your mistake with lipstick and just… no.
17. Stage 17: Also you now have lipstick on your chin/ear/eyebrow and you have no idea how it got there.
CBS / Via goodreads.com
18. Stage 18: Smudging the lipstick onto your cheeks because you don’t have any blush and you read this in a magazine once.
FOX / Via hitfix.com
19. Stage 19: Realizing that you used up all of your extra time and are now, in fact, going to be late.
Disney / Via teabreakfast.com
20. Stage 20: Feeling really weird about having all this stuff on your face because you can feel it on there and you’re sure everyone is judging you.
Lady Gaga / Via giphy.com
21. Stage 21: Getting stuck in an insecurity spiral because what if it looks too “not you” and why did you even bother trying to do makeup in the first place ugh…
HBO / Via giphy.com
22. Stage 22: Catching a glimpse of yourself in a window or other shiny surface and realizing how good you actually look!
23. Stage 23: Acknowledging that even if makeup isn’t an everyday thing for you, it’s still fun to play with whenever YOU feel like it.
Parkwood Entertainment / Via feministing.com