1. Roasted Root Vegetables Salad
Make a salad people will actually want to eat. Recipe here.
2. Crispy Roasted Green Beans
Crispy green beans taste better than mushy ones AND they’re healthier AND they’re way easier to make. Recipe here.
3. Thai Curried Butternut Squash Soup
A creamy, luxurious, yet magically vegan starter. Recipe here.
4. Roasted Beet and Carrot Salad
On Thanksgiving, all salads deserve cheese. Even the healthy ones. Recipe here.
5. Butternut Squash Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Better warn the turkey that this one might steal all the attention. Recipe here.
6. Baked Pears with Walnuts and Honey
After a huge meal, a light dessert to fill in the corners. Recipe here.
7. Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
A super simple recipe for a healthier turkey entree: Swapping out butter for olive oil and sticking with just the breast cuts down on the fat, but not the taste. Recipe here.
8. Quinoa “Stuffing” with Butternut Squash, Cranberries & Pistachios
No butter, no bread, no complaints. Recipe here.
9. Kale with Pomegranate Dressing and Ricotta Salata
Simple and delicious, with just the right amount of cheese. Recipe here.
10. Mashed Cauliflower
This is just cauliflower, garlic and herbs. No butter. No cream. No butter. No hidden cheese. And yet, still delicious. Recipe here.
11. Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Spicy Lime Dressing
Surprise: GRILLING ON THANKSGIVING! Recipe here.
12. Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Bread Stuffing with Apples
This stuffing has so many fruits and vegetables that it uses less than one-and-a-half slices of bread per serving. Use a whole grain bread to make it even more nutritious. Recipe here.
13. Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
These little muffins are not just super simple to make — the whole wheat flour and honey make them healthier than standard cornbread recipes, too. Recipe here.
14. Cumin-Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Forget those lame old glazed carrots, and try something a little more spunky. Recipe here.
15. Paleo Pumpkin Pie
Pro-tip: Don’t mention the Paleo part to your guests. They won’t miss the white flour or refined sugar. Recipe here.
16. Shallot Shiitake Gravy
A low fat gravy that doesn’t use butter, so you don’t have to feel bad pouring it all over everything on your plate. (You can also sub in whole wheat flour for the white stuff.) Recipe here.
17. Easy Roasted Mushrooms with Rosemary & Garlic
You don’t need butter to roast mushrooms. Recipe here.
18. Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
This recipe uses just a little bit of maple syrup instead of heaps of sugar and marshmallows. Recipe here.
20. Kale and Wild Rice Casserole
If you’re gonna smother something in cheese, it might as well be kale. Recipe here.
21. Stuffed Turkey Breast with Butternut Squash and Figs
You don’t need to cook a whole bird to make deliciously stuffed turkey. Recipe here.
22. Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
A ten-minute recipe with serious impact. Recipe here.
23. Cranberry Orange Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Proof that you can make cranberries without burying them under heaps of white sugar. Recipe here.