2. Crispy Shredded Sprouts, Cider Short Rib, and Caramelized Shallot Pizza
All those Brussels sprouts mean this is basically a salad. Recipe here.
3. Cannellini and Escarole Soup with Garlic Oil
This soup tastes even better the next day, so be sure to bring leftovers for lunch. Recipe here.
4. Brown Butter Cinnamon Rolls
Winter is the time for sweet, carb-y breakfasts. Recipe here.
5. Farro Risotto with Squash and Kale
For days when you want something to warm you up and soup just won’t do. Recipe here.
6. Harissa, Broccoli, and Spinach Wild Rice Casserole with Prosciutto
Grains and veggies are the stars here, with crispy prosciutto as an added flavor kick. Recipe here.
8. Creamy Butternut Squash Purée with Scallops and Bacon
A different kind of surf and turf. Recipe here.
9. Chili & Maple-Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Gorgonzola
If you didn’t have room on your Thanksgiving plate for any of the “healthy stuff,” here’s your second chance. Recipe here.
11. Crispy Sweet Potato Roast
An easy way to impress anyone who comes over for dinner. Recipe here.
12. Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
If you call this “overnight French toast” you can eat it for breakfast. Just saying. Recipe here.
13. Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Everything you love about loaded baked potatoes, all mixed up and baked in a blanket of cheese. Recipe here.
14. Pickled Cabbage Salad
This is a super-simple way to use up all that cabbage you got from your CSA. Recipe here.
15. Red Grapefruit and Rum Spritzers
If your New Year’s resolution is going to be something about drinking less, this month should be all about the cocktails. Recipe here.
16. White Chocolate-Peppermint Cookies with Vanilla Salt
17. Vegan Caesar Salad with Chickpeas
There will come a day this month where the thought of eating another cookie makes your head (and your pants) want to explode. This salad is for that day. Recipe here.
This cocktail of bourbon, sweet vermouth, and Campari is essentially winter’s answer to the negroni. Recipe here.
19. Cauliflower Rice Cake
Unlike anything you’ve ever tried before, in the best way. Aren’t you getting sick of the same old thing, anyway? Recipe here.
20. Moroccan Roasted Beets with Pomegranate Seeds and Balsamic Glaze
Get down with these sick beets. Recipe here.
21. Braised Chicken and Kale with Paprika and White Wine
Really braising the bar for chicken dinners. Recipe here.
22. Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili
Pork shoulder is a cheap way to feed lots of people, and adding beans and tomatoes stretches it even further. Recipe here.
24. Sweet Potato, Maple, and Cumin Galette with Goat Cheese Crumbles
Perfectly savory, and easier than pie. Recipe here.
25. Flattened Pork Chops with Greens and Mustard Pan Sauce
A 30-minute weeknight dinner that feels fancy. Recipe here.
26. Lemon Bars
If you’re not sure what to bring to a cookie swap, it’s never a bad idea to go with a classic. Recipe here.
27. Baked Eggs with Spinach, Mushrooms, and Leeks
Colder temperatures mean you’ll need more incentive to get out of bed. Recipe here.
28. Fresh Cranberry Scones
Perfect for Christmas breakfast. Or just any old day. Recipe here.
29. Marinated Kale Salad with Apples and Oranges
A sweet, crunchy salad that’s perfect as a side dish or an easy lunch. Recipe here.